Marc Bradford made these delicious food items for dinner group last month. Not only is it GF but it's also really healthy!
· 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
· 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
· 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
· 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
· 1 (14.5 ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes, undrained
· 2 cups smoked sausage, chopped fully cooked
· 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
· 2-3 Bay leaves
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (Optional)
· 3/4 lb medium shrimp, uncooked peeled deveined, thawed if frozen
Mix all ingredients except shrimp in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on Low setting for 7 to 8 hours (or High setting for 3 to 4 hours), or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on Low setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
Serve with rice.
Quinoa Salad With Black Beans and Mango
1 mango, peeled and diced small
1 red pepper, seeded and diced as small as you can get it
1 cup chopped scallion
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (a 15-ounce can)
Cooked chicken, scallops, or any other meat you would like
Combine the mango, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Add the red wine vinegar, grape seed oil, and salt and stir to combine. Add the quinoa and stir until everything is well incorporated. Fold in the black beans and meat. Serve immediately or let it sit for a bit to let the flavors meld.
Creamy Brussel Sprouts:
Cut 12-15 Brussel Sprouts into halves or quarters (Par boil)
1 small onion finely chopped
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1/4 stick butter
1 tsp fancy thyme
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 pt coffee cream or light whipping cream
Pour mixture over brussel sprouts. Generous parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.